- Hello and welcome to the second annual Secret Hanta, here’s hoping 2018 will be even bigger and better than last year when we had 160 people from all over the UK take part. Actually, while I’ve got your attention, if I could be as cheeky as to ask you to please spread the word if you can on your stories or feed, the more people, the more magical.
So, what is it? Secret Hanta is an Instagram Secret Santa, a play on my name Hannah. Anybody can join, the only rules are that you have to be on Instagram and you have to live in the UK (sorry!)
So how does it work and what is different from last year? To try and make things clearer I’ve set up a little timetable, I feel very organised:
- Stage 1: Initial sign up period (14 October-31 October). Go, go, go! You will find the sign up form at the bottom of this page.
- Stage 2: Cooling off period (1 November – 6 November). Like any good insurance policy, I will offer a cooling off period! If you are now unable to take part for any reason please let me know by 5 November. Once allocation has started someone will be planning your gift and late drop outs lead to rather a lot of stress last year so I’m hoping this will help avoid that. Emergencies happen and last minute problems crop up so please keep me informed.
- Stage 3: Allocation week (7-15 November) during this week I will be allocating your Secret Hantees and letting you know.
- Stage 4: Putting together your package! (16 November-13 December). This is the month where you will be putting together your packages.
- Stage 5: Posting. I kindly ask all packages are posted by Saturday 15 December, hopefully this will ensure all packages arrive in good time despite the Christmas rush. I will be asking all packages to be sent signed for, this will ensure you know your parcel has arrived safely.
- Stage 6: Opening your gift! I thought it would be nice to have a specific day this year where we all open our gifts and I’ve plumped for Sunday 23 December. I know, I know, it’s before Christmas! However work Secret Santas are traditionally opened before Christmas too and I hope this will help reinforce the community spirit behind Instagram and Secret Hanta.
Phew! That was rather a lot of text but I’m hoping you’re still with me.
What else do I need to know?
- What is the guide price? I will circulate full details before you start putting packages together but the guide price will be £15 though there is absolutely no pressure to spend this, hand made is great.
- Do I need to have a public Instagram account? No you don’t. If your account is private just make sure you give lots of detail about you in the sign up form.
- Can I take part if I live outside of the UK? I’m afraid that it will be UK only this year.
- What if I need help? You can message me any time on Instagram (@suffolktractorgirl)
One final thing…
Now the next part is 100% optional. A lot of work goes into the organisation of Secret Hanta and I thought it might be nice to introduce a small charity donation. I’ve chosen East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH), an amazing local charity which supports children and young people (along with their families) with life-threatening conditions across East Anglia, where I am from. The suggested donation is £2 and there is absolutely no pressure. I’ve set up a Just Giving page, any donation gratefully recieved: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/suffolktractorgirl
Form below… any problems, slide into my DMs (are they called DMs anymore?!)
*** SIGN UP FOR 2018 IS NOW CLOSED, THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO ENTERED ***